1. Padley Gorge, North Derbyshire. Photograph: rayheath/GuardianWitness
2. Mora, Sweden. Photograph: ghodsim/GuardianWitness
3. Autumn in Perthshire. Photograph: coolcustomer78/GuardianWitness
Share your sun. Readers celebrate the 10th anniversary of Olafur Eliasson’s iconic installation, The Weather Project, by sharing photos of their local sunrises and sunsets. Submit yours via GuardianWitness.
1. Long Beach, CA. Photograph: Ashleigh Jackson /GuardianWitness
2. The sun sleeps in Oz. Photograph: Ryan Wilson/GuardianWitness
3. A sunset walk by the lake. Photograph: CapnMikey/GuardianWitness
Wildlife on your doorstep. November brings glorious displays of autumn leaves in some parts of the world, and soaring temperatures and bright blue skies in others.
We want to see what’s changing for the wildlife where you live - submit your contribution via GuardianWitness.
1. Deer grazing a short distance from the front entrance of The Earl Of Leicester’s front door, Holkham Hall. Photograph: TimGill/GuardianWitness
2. Six seven-spot ladybirds huddled into a crack on a fence post for the winter. Photograph: PhilGates/GuardianWitness
3. Winter robin. Photograph: Thomas Taylor/GuardianWitness
1. Neist point, Isle of Skye, Scotland. Photograph: Sebastien Degardin/GuardianWitness
2. Sunrise from Gold Hill, Shaftesbury. Photograph: Ward1979/GuardianWitness
3. Langdale from Wrynose pass. Photograph: mputhruan/GuardianWitness
The Guardian, 6 November 2013
Next week’s New Yorker – a tribute to Nelson Mandela (via Silvia Killingsworth, managing editor).
1. Akashi Strait Bridge, Japan. Photograph: JMHoax/GuardianWitness
2. U Bein bridge, Amarapura. Photograph: Bernard Gateau/GuardianWitness
3. Bridge over the Twentekanaal, the Netherlands. Photograph: Johan de Groot/GuardianWitness
I for one don’t think we talk about sex and dating nearly enough on this blog. So I escorted Emma Keller to a nearby park to talk about snogging and the US ‘base system’, employed by millions of teens across America in order to wildly exaggerate the things they’re doing with each other on the weekends. Sex education, E2E-style.